Spring is here and I am ready to emerge from hibernation. In no particular order, here’s my list of things I want to do in DC this spring. Let me know what I should add!
- Check out this vintage game night at the Woodrow Wilson House. It takes place on the first Wednesday of every month. $15 covers the entrance to the museum, 2 drink vouchers, munchies, and all-you-can-play vintage board games.
- Sample the new spring menu at Pleasant Pops. I can’t decide if I’ll have the Pimento Cheese sandwich or the Roasted Eggplant & Squash sandwich. Either way, I will definitely get my favorite Chongo pop.
- Take a tour of the Washington Monument and then get a cocktail on the roof of the W Hotel. Sipping a fancy cocktail and enjoying the view from the roof is my preferred way to end an afternoon of sightseeing on the Mall. Although, I never stay for more than one or two drinks, as they are rather overpriced.
- Picnic at the gorgeous Hillwood Estate (pictured above). You can bring in food and nonalcoholic drinks (or smuggle in some wine). There is also a café in the garden that sells food and beer.
- Swing by the Green Hat Gin distillery and try their spring/summer gin.
- Enjoy good drinks outside. The rooftops of DNV, DC9 and 1905 never fail me. Standard (I refuse to call it Garden District) and Dacha are my two favorite places to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon drinking good beer with friends.
- Visit Sona Creamery and eat my weight in cheese.
- Take a cooking class at CulinAerie. Currently looking at French Favorites, Asian Dumplings, Knife Know How or Taste of Vietnam.
- Make something pretty at a Topaz and Arrow workshop.
- Rent a paddle boat and tour the Tidal Basin and cherry blossoms.
- Get my DC One card. It works as a SmarTrip, library card and pool pass. It’s awesome.
- Take a road trip to Charlottesville.