This chickpea salad is my go-to dish for any gathering in the spring or summer. It is so easy to throw together and people love it. The fresh herbs and lemon make it the perfect side dish for barbeques and lazy dinners outside. I usually double or triple the recipe. If I have any leftovers, I bring them to the office for a tasty lunch.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 1 15oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/3 cup Parmesan
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- sriracha to taste (optional)
Combine chickpeas, basil, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic in medium bowl. Add grated Parmesan cheese and toss gently to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. If you want a bit of a kick, add sriracha.